These resources were created in 2008 in preparation for the Keep the Promise rally. We believe that they are still useful campaigning tools that can help to influence and inform your own campaigning.
At End Child Poverty we believe that it will be thanks to the individual actions of people like you that child poverty will ultimately become a scandal of the past. We've prepared a short Campaigner's Guide, available for you to download here which sets out how you can get involved.
To accompany this guide there are other resources available to download to support each action you can do, below you will find links to flyers, posters, web-banners, the petition, tips for speeches, and for talking to the media.
- Use your blog/website to raise awareness of the issue and the campaign.
- Give a campaign talk to raise awareness, and encourage others to sign the petition or organise a local campaign event. See our top tips for events and speeches download for more details.
- Visit your MP, MSP, AM and local councillors to ask that they support Keep the Promise. See our top tips to lobbying your elected representatives to find out how to make the most of your meetings.
- Use your local media, our top tips set out how to raise awareness of child poverty in the UK, put pressure on decision-makers and to attract support for the Campaign - download them here and get writing.
- Have the answers to people's questions about the campaign, in our They Say, We Say document.
You don't need to be an expert on the issues to campaign, you just need to care enough to take action - whatever contribution you can make to encourage the Government to address child poverty will make a difference to children's lives.
- Use this Petition to raise local awareness and send it to your local MP and urge them to raise the importance of addressing child poverty with the Chancellor and within their party in the run up to the next election.
Join us - Together we can create sufficient pressure to keep the Government to their promise to end child poverty.